Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Exercising while on vacations

We just got back from a week vacation away with the family. I have been so concerned that I would falter this summer on my exercising, but it has been quite the contrary. Being with other people that love to exercise and make it a priority has made all the difference.

During my week vacation I made it to 1 kickboxing class at the local 24 hour fitness, Ran/did elliptical twice for about 40 minutes and combined that with a few weights, and did a P90X video with my hubby and bro in law. So, on a week vacation I fit in 4 workouts! Its really amazing how when you make something a priority you really can fit it in. Instead of feeling horrible when I came back from vacation, I felt great!

So....Survival tips for vacations,

#1 Make exercise a priority
#2 Surround yourself with people who enjoy exercise or be the motivator! (Everyone will thank you later)
#3 Enjoy the relaxation but do not over indulge in the food.

Good Luck with your summer vacationing!!!

No comments: