Thursday, February 10, 2011

Good and the Bad


Why does it have to be so dang fun to hang out with friends and bake and eat treats? Yesterday I had a friend over and we made some delicious cinnamon rolls. Luckily I sent half of them home with her, but man those things were too good to pass on! I only sat down and ate one, but between all the little tastes here and there of pure goodness sitting on my counter I probably ate 3 of those yummy suckers! They are usually a once a year splurge, but she wanted to learn how to make them ever since I brought them to her at Christmas time, so I made an exception to my once a year rule.

Treats are my downfall for sure! I have learned that the easiest way for me to deal with treats is to avoid them completely~once I have a taste I have a hard time stopping at just 1, or maybe 2, or possibly 3! Why does the unhealthy stuff have to taste so dang good? Why can't a cinnamon roll be the recommended breakfast instead of oatmeal?

What's your favorite "healthy" treat that tastes too good to be considered "healthy," but it really is?

2 comments:

Bladh Familia said...

Dark Chocolate!! mmmmmhmmm good

the monroe family said...

My favorite "treat" that is healthy is granola with fat free yogurt...it is very yummy