Sunday, February 6, 2011

When Mom Ain't Happy....

AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY!!!!

The popular quote, "when mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" is so true!!! The mother most definitely sets the mood in her home! Raising children is a huge challenge, and at times I am so frustrated that I could just scream (in fact, I have at times). These are the times I wish I was just a kid again and could just throw a huge fit of kicking, screaming, throwing things, or just going and locking myself in a room for hours on end.
The hard thing is that as mothers we have to push on through the difficult moments and make things happen. Over the years I know my demeanor and attitude has changed so much for the positive. I used to just feel the anger inside of me bubbling, but somehow I have learned how to take control of it. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's been in that place before. Mommies out there, am I alone?

This week as I took on the positive thinking challenge. I found a peaceful place inside of me that I was able to find even in times of utter chaos, which mostly came around homework/cooking dinner~ then again at shower/bedtime. It felt so good to take control of my thoughts and attitude and turn them toward the positive. During homework I had to remind myself how blessed I was to be home with the kids. At bedtime I reminded myself that I should be grateful for these moments with the children reading, teaching, and praying with them, for they will be grown up before long and will not want to sit on my lap and read with me or kiss/hug me goodnight. I held them a little longer, told them I loved them even more than normal, and I could tell they felt the difference.

I know challenging times will come up, and I will want to scream, yell, stomp out of the room, etc..., but I am going to try to stay as positive as possible and continue to strive to make my home a place of peace.

How did you feel after taking on this positive thinking challenge? Did it change the feeling in your home? Were their certain times of the day that challenged you the most? How did you change your negative into a positive? Please share ideas, I think we would all appreciate :)

No comments: