Monday, February 28, 2011

What is dear to your heart?

Sorry I neglected to post yesterday. I had a spur of the moment trip and headed down to see my Grandma who is in a rehabilitation center a couple hours away. On the way home I stopped by my Aunt and Uncle's home to help comfort my cousins who had a horrific thing happen in their family that morning. Their uncle (who was high on drugs) nearly beat their Grandma to death and is now in jail on charges for attempted murder. I feel blessed that I could be there for them just a little bit, and as I hugged them and cried with them I was reminded of the important things in life. My trip yesterday reminded of those things that I hold closest to my heart, which for me are my faith, God, and family.

I had planned on a different challenge, but for this week my challenge is this.

**Write a list of the things that you hold dearest to your heart. If one of those things is something you have been neglecting then rededicate yourself and make a change**

For example:

If its God and you haven't been praying to him then take a moment a few times a day and thank him and ask for forgiveness.
If its your family and you haven't take the time to tell or show them lately that you love them, then do it! If there is someone in your family who you need to get in contact with and let go of hurt feelings, then do it!
If its your health and you have been neglecting to take care of your body, then take action to exercise or improve your eating habits.

I think you get the point. Reach down deep and don't be afraid to make changes. Life is fragile and you never know what challenges will come your way. Make changes now so you have no regrets.

No comments: