Sunday, February 13, 2011

Get Organized Challenge

Organization with children is just a constant struggle, right? It seems like just to keep the house basically picked up is a challenge, so those drawers and closets that drive me crazy just hardly ever get touched. When I walk into that closet or open that drawer I just feel out of control and so bothered.

Your home should be your favorite place in the world. But if your castle is starting to get you down because of the clutter and chaos, it is time to do something about it. Organizing your home can bring about a level of peace and tranquility.

When I find the time to organize a space it makes me feel so much more in control and able to handle the day to day things that come along. This weeks challenge is to organize one drawer, closet, shelf, or area that has been bothering you. Find that space that just drives you absolutely nuts and take control! If you don't have a lot of time then take on something small (like a small junk drawer, medicine cabinet, or even just the front of the refrigerator). If you have an entire afternoon then take on a bigger project like a closet, kid toy box, or your bathroom cabinets.

There are lots of resources online for organization tips. My personal tips are~ if you haven't used it in more than a year than toss it! My house is little, so I have to dejunk really often. I've finally learned to throw out or donate those things I'm not in need of any longer. There are lots of thrift stores and donation centers that will gladly take your usable items off your hands.

Good luck mamas!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

soooooooooooooooo true!

Rachel Garces said...

I feel so inspired to complete this challenge. I'll report when I'm done. I might even post pics too.

Joanna said...

Can't wait to see Rachel!

the monroe family said...

Great one to pick this week :)...Refrigerator, kitchen cabinets (installing organizers), kids closets, and my scrapbooking cabinet are on the list this week :)

Joanna said...

You go Briana- that is awesome!