Monday, May 2, 2011

Women's Conference

Last week myself, my sister, and 2 good friends traveled to Utah for a women's conference put on by BYU and by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. I had the most wonderful time spending 2 full days being uplifted by wonderful speakers and spending time with my friends and sister. Every once in a while a mommy just needs a few minutes to rejuvenate and speak to other adults.


What's interesting about the trip is that the night before I left I was up all night with my 3 year old while he was sick, and I actually didn't feel too well when I headed out. I was determined and prayed that I would have a great time, and it worked :) Despite calls from home hearing from my sick husband, and hearing that even my baby was sick I was able to focus on the positive and take in the experience. Along the way we even encountered problems with my car! As the snow fell and my car wouldn't start I laughed and stayed positive. I was surrounded by positive people, and that really made all the difference. From this experience it was reaffirmed to me that being around people who are positive helps me to be the same way.

If you are feeling in the dumps and those around you are feeding your fuel of negativity and making it worse~stay clear! Surround yourself with positiveness and make an extra effort to be that person who you would want to be around. It can truly change your life if you stick with it. I have seen myself and felt myself become a different person in the last 2 years or so, and I believe that surrounding myself with positive people has truly been the key.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Cami Checketts said...

I love women's conference! I missed out this year because of a cute baby, hopefully I'll see you next year.

Joanna said...

Babies are a perfect reason to miss it! I checked out your blog and really liked it. Hope you don't mind that I put a link to it on my blog. Thanks for the comment :)