Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week # 1 comes to a close

This week I did some turbo kickboxing, body pump (weight class), Step, Lift, and some Zumba. I still have 1 more day to fit in- so I'm thinking today is it, and I will be turning on the new Shed 5 Fast that I got in the mail.
I felt that the days I worked out I got more accomplished because I forced myself to start out the day early and on the right note. I'm feeling stronger and more motivated. I did step on the scale yesterday and I'm proud to say that some poundage is being shed. I'm hoping I don't goof it up this weekend with my poor weekend eating, which is easy to do with all the fun social stuff going on. My food journal has been helping me keep things in check and realizing where I am going wrong and having a harder time.

As week #1 is coming to an end, reflect: How did you do? Did you get in your 5 days of exercise? Do you feel stronger and more driven or do you feel more tired and run down. Did the food journal help you realize anything new or help drive you to have more healthy habits?

If you struggled then jump back on the train this week- remember that its never too late to start! Please share with us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a very stressful week. I did good Sunday and Monday. We spent both days at Disneyland and did a lot of brisk walking around the park (guess it helps my husband is so much taller and takes longer strides~ just means I have to double time! LOL) I was also pushing the baby in her stroller and she is weighing in at 32lbs.
We walked from the park down through Downtown Disney and across to the parking structure. Then from there we walked across the bridge to our motel. (That was a long walk pushin the stroller & carrying a backpack full of stuff for the kiddos!)

I did some walking around campus since my classes are on seperate ends of campus and I go up and down hills every time I switch classes.

To be honest, I had some bad news this week so instead of reaching for a cigarette out of stress, I ate. Which I know its not good. So overall this week I feel like I kinda failed. Its always all about my hubby, his girls, and my baby. I'm lucky if I get studying and homework done for school. :( I feel SO tired. Im so burnt out and I can't wait to be done with school!

How do you guys do it??? I feel like there isn't enough time for me.

the monroe family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the monroe family said...

Good for you Jo :)

I tried to watch what I ate more...but a bowl of ice cream after my long busy days called my name twice this week...and I can't seem to give up my mocha fraps each morning (400 calories). Monday, when I actually had tons of time b/c me and the boys were home I did get to work out for 30 mins at home, played hockey and t-ball with the boys...but that was the only "me" time I got this week. I don't believe in stepping on the scale (my own crazy no scale issue that I have always done), but keeping my calories to 1300-1500 a day seems to make me think I'm may be losing some inches in my waist...in my next life perhaps i will be able to stay at home and work out 5 days a week...but until then I will feel good that I'm at least attempting :) Keep it up Jo!

Anthony and Lindsay Dayton said...

I did okay...I got a couple of days in but definitely didn't make my strive of 5 days. I'm already not a fan of the food journal I can see how poor my diet is. So the goal for this week is to clean up the diet some. we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

I tell myself its all about the baby steps not huge jumps that's going to change my lifestyle for more than a week or two.

Joanna said...

Exactly Lindsay! The goal is 5 days a week, but if you falter by a day or two you still have gotten in 3-4 four days, and that is great! The food journal helped me stay away from so many desserts this week that looked so good. I still treated myself 2 days, but kept the portions undercontrol. Little baby steps is the key to a lifestyle change :) So, good job!

Jennifer said...

So the 1st week I did terible.. but this week I have done great.. I have 3 1hr workouts under my belt and I am planning on TKB tomorrow... I feel much better!!!!

Joanna said...

Good job Jenn! I've really been enjoying my workouts this week- I feel like its part of my routine now, which makes it much easier to wake up almost every morning and get done.
Keep it up for 1 more week and hopefully you will feel the same way about it being part of your routine. Let me know how it goes.