Friday, January 21, 2011

Weekend Tip: Don't be afraid to ask!

Trying to eat healthier isn't always easy, especially when you are out at a restaurant! You look at a menu and think, should I get a salad? Will that really fill me? How many calories will it really save me anyway? Well, I'll tell you my experience this week when I was out with my hubby on our midweek date.
After a fun night playing games at Dave and Busters we really didn't want to go home yet, and dessert sounded good. So, we headed over to Denny's for a "little" treat. As I looked over the dessert menu I was trying to figure out what looked good and what might be the lowest calorie choice. Instead of making the guess I asked the waitress if she had a nutrition menu (since I've seen them at a few other places recently). She looked around in the back for a moment and came back with what saved me 370 calories!!!


Who knew the double scoop sundae w/ pecans and carmel would be 300, when the other dessert I was eyeing was 670!!!
So, moral of the story. This weekend when you are out with your hubby, boyfriend, family or friends, ask for the menu with the nutrition and you may save yourself big on calories and move yourself along faster to that goal of yours :) Who knows, maybe you won't be ordering that salad after all!!!

4 comments:

Kristy Ultreras said...

Good idea Joanna.

Joanna said...

I noticed that Bakers has their calorie count right up on the menu board, which is wonderful for people to realize what they are feeding themselves! I know BJs has their nutrition menu right on the table, so I'm sure many other places are doing that too now. What other places have you guys noticed have the nutritional menu out in view?

Blume Bunch said...

hey! its a law now that any restaraunt with over 10 stores has to have calorie count on the menus so it makes ordering easier if you want to 'watch what you eat'...if you dont and you are out for a fun meal....its a TOTAL DEBBIE DOWNER cuz you see how bad it is and if youre like me..you eat it anyways... :)

Joanna said...

I didn't know that Sara. That's why I've seen them everywhere now. True that sometimes its just nice to splurge and not know what you are eating :)